How detailed do
you want your instructions?
To e-file your tax return with
instructions are for those who want very detailed directions
on how to download, install and use the eFile Express software on their
that while this list may appear to be lengthy because of the level of detail, the actual time
to complete the download and installation steps is less than 5 minutes.
Download and install
from this website:
- Go to the Download page.
- Click the “
eFile Express 2015” link.
- A "File Download" window will appear asking if you
want to Run/Open 1 the file or
Save it. Select Run/Open 1.
The eFile Express installation program will now be downloaded to your
- Once the download is complete, the installation program will
attempt to run. If you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows
7 or Windows Vista, you may
receive a security warning asking whether you want to run the
"eFile Express Installation Program" from Smartrak
Group. If you get this message, select Run.
installation program should now start. Follow the on-screen
instructions to complete the installation of the software.
- Once installed, the eFile Express icon
will be placed on
your Windows desktop. Continue to Step 2 to download any tax
forms you need to include with your tax return.
tax forms that you need to e-file from this website as well. To
simplify your download of multiple forms, we've grouped a number of related forms into
which allow you to access several forms with just one download.
to the Download page.
on the forms that you need, click on “IRS Forms” or “State
download a FormPak file, place the mouse pointer over the file name
and click the right mouse button.
Select “Save Target As…”.
Specify a location on your PC where you want to save the file
to. Write down the
location. You will need
it in Step 4. Do not
change the name of the files that you’re downloading.
||Start eFile Express.
- Double-click the eFile Express icon
to start the program.
- Note that a “Quick Start” help window appears that gives a brief overview
of how to use eFile Express. You can prevent this window from
coming up each time you start the software by checking the
- More complete help and answers to questions you may have on
how to use the software can be easily accessed by clicking .
and/or FormPaks you downloaded in Step
- Click "Add Form" and navigate to the location where you
downloaded the forms to. Select the file, then click
- You will now see a list of all forms included in the FormPak
file. Depending on your tax situation, you may not need to
e-file all of the forms listed OR you may need to file multiple
copies of a form (for example, a W-2). Specify the forms
(and the number of copies of each form) that you want included
in your return. Click "OK".
- The blank copies of the tax forms are added to your tax
return. If you need to add additional forms to your return
-- either now or at a later time -- repeat Step 4.
||Save your tax return to your PC.
- Click "Save" and give your return a meaningful name
- Your tax return is now saved on your PC.
- As you add data to your return, click the "Save"
button to save all of your work up to that point.
- Because your tax return is saved to your PC, you have the
flexibility to work on your return when your schedule
allows. You can leave the software at any time and pick-up
your tax return where you left off by starting eFile Express,
clicking "Open" and pointing to the file you saved.
||Enter your tax data.
- Enter your tax data directly on the tax forms by
clicking on the highlighted fields
typing your information.
- If a field is not highlighted, it means that the field is
computed from data that you enter elsewhere (either on that form
or another form). If in doubt, read the instructions for
that line of the tax form to find out where the data will be
- To enter data on another form, click the
form's name in the left-hand window.
visually verify your return for completeness. For example, the IRS
requires that you include "electronic" copies of your W-2 when
you e-file your return. Be sure to type the information from your
paper W-2's into the electronic W-2's included with the FormPaks.
||Using the "Setup" menu option, complete the
- Taxpayer Info - Provide any missing contact information.
- e-File Options - Indicate where you want us to sent your
return(s) to and provide information to electronically
"sign" your tax return.
Payment Info - Provide account information to electronically pay for
the eFile Express service.
||e-File your return(s).
- Click on
encrypt your tax data and send it to the eFile Express Processing
Center. We'll format your return and forward it the appropriate federal and/or state
- Within 24-48 hours of e-filing your return, you
can get an update on the acceptance status of your return by starting eFile Express,
loading your return and clicking on .
||Depending on your version of Windows and the browser
you are running, this option will either be "Run" or